42 days ( and counting) This girl has gone 100% off
all sugar(other then some fruit daily) and all grains,dairy, and eggs!
I love anything "whole". To me that means Clean, Pure, Good, Fuel, Love, Kindness...
I have been on a journey of whole food, learning how to eat real, clean food as well as learning what my body needs ( and does not need) for about 3 years. In the gym, and in the kitchen!
I ate my way down 30# of weight I had gained after three pregnancies ( 2 babies here, 1 in heaven) with Just clean, good eating. Moderate goodies, lots of veggies!
Then I hit the gym.. still with more to lose, thinking this would be the ticket to lose the rest.
Well I did start losing a little, but gained muscle too... OVER FAT. I was hanging on to fat. What the heck!? So frustrated, and discouraged, I worked out harder, more often, and much to my dismay..the scale did NOT budge. It made no sense because I was counting calories, eating good unprocesed foods.
Finially I had an "aha" momment when some close family members started losing weight. Part of what they were doing including cutting out ALL sugar from their diet (with the exception of natural sugars found in fruits like berries, apples and grapefruit) And... they were also cutting out all eggs, dairy, and ... dun, dun, dun.. ALL GRAIN. (Oh, and beans too!) They were shocking, and detoxing their bodies and the fat was flying off!
Well here we are... 42 days later, and I have been off the above for 6 weeks and have been also losing this fat! To the tune of 28# of it!
Since then I have read SO much info on the harmful side effects of sugar and grain in the human diet its not possible to fit in a blog post. Its been fascinating!
More later, but Just wanted to update and get this out there. If I can do it, anyone can. After you detox from the sugar ( even if you didn't eat much before like me) its amazing the energy and will power you have to stay off it!
The average person eats 153 pounds of sugar a year. That is equivalent to over 1/2 cup of sugar a day. The teenage boy eats twice that much. So you say, "Who cares?"
What is wrong with sugar?
Well here are just 15 (of 76 listed) known "Wrongs" that Sugar brings:
In addition to throwing off the body's chemical balance, excess sugar may
result in a number of other significant consequences. The following is a listing
of some of sugar's metabolic consequences from a variety of medical
journals and other scientific publications.
1. Sugar can suppress your immune system and impair your defenses against
2. Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in your body: causes chromium and
copper deficiencies and interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium
3. Sugar can cause can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline, hyperactivity, anxiety,
difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children
4. Sugar can produce a significant rise in total cholesterol, triglycerides and bad
cholesterol and a decrease in good cholesterol.
5. Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function.
6. Sugar feeds cancer cells and has been connected with the development of
cancer of the breast, ovaries, prostate, rectum, pancreas, biliary tract, lung,
gallbladder and stomach.
7. Sugar can increase fasting levels of glucose and can cause reactive
8. Sugar can weaken eyesight
9. Sugar can cause many problems with the gastrointestinal tract including: an
acidic digestive tract, indigestion, malabsorption in patients with functional
bowel disease, increased risk of Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis.
10. Sugar can cause premature aging.
11. Sugar can lead to alcoholism.30
12. Sugar can cause your saliva to become acidic, tooth decay, and periodontal
13. Sugar contributes to obesity.
14. Sugar can cause autoimmune diseases such as: arthritis, asthma, multiple
15. Sugar greatly assists the uncontrolled growth of Candida Albicans (yeast